Can't Find Something?

Are you looking for a program, tool, or organization to assist you with something or just for fun? Feel free to contact me at herekittykat2 @ gmail.com with the following:
1. Name (optional)
2. Type of Program (calendar, text to mp3, etc)
3. Specs of your computer (screenreader, PC or Apple, XP or Vista, etc)
4. What you would like the program, tool, or organization to do or be

I will do my best to find what you are looking for!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Treasure Chest for the Blind is now on Facebook!

Hi to my regulars and new readers alike! I have just created a page for the blog on Facebook. You'll notice that the url is in the same format as my blog's. That is, instead of treasurechestfortheblind, it's blindtreasurechest. I felt this would make it easier for followers of my blog to find the facebook page, as I'm sure you are used to the formatting of my blog's URL by now, right? Anyway, I plan on using the page for a few different things. The main focus will be sending out updated information about the blog (new posts, updated information, etc.), however, discussion topics will be brought up, especially on topics that I'm researching for upcoming posts. You can still send questions, comments, or suggestions to me through my e-mail, but now you can also comment on the Facebook page or send me a message through it.

I hope to have a Facebook widget up soon. I'm having a little trouble figuring that out. If anyone knows how to do it, please contact me. I could use the help

What am I up to lately? I am preparing for a trip to Louisiana and starting a travel diary for a research project being done at Louisiana State University. The trip is going to be from May 30 to June 16. My internet access will be limited between the 30th and the 10th because I'll be in rural Louisiana and my family doesn't have internat access at home. After that, I'll have access again, because I'll be in Ruston. That's in northern Louisiana, and is home to two places I plan on visiting. First is Louisiana Tech University, the school I want to transfer to to finish my Undergraduate studies and do my Graduate studies. SEcond is the Louisiana Center for the Blind. I'm seriously considering taking a break from college to brush up on my blindness techniques, such as Braille, orientation and mobility, cooking, housecleaning, and a general sense of self-confidence. I think I really need to work on these and the LCB would be a good place to do that. I'm also playing a lot of Second Life lately, using the Radegast viewer. I'll post more information about that later, but if you're curious, here's a link to the Radegast main page. From there, you can download the viewer. You'll need a Second Life account, though, so if you don't have one....well, I'm sorry, you'll just have to wait until I write the post!

Until later,

Jewel

No comments: