Can't Find Something?

Are you looking for a program, tool, or organization to assist you with something or just for fun? Feel free to contact me at herekittykat2 @ gmail.com with the following:
1. Name (optional)
2. Type of Program (calendar, text to mp3, etc)
3. Specs of your computer (screenreader, PC or Apple, XP or Vista, etc)
4. What you would like the program, tool, or organization to do or be

I will do my best to find what you are looking for!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Correction and Update for blindy TV

After talking to someone from blindy TV, I would like to make a correction and an update about this service.

First, I would like to correct my error in suggesting that people contact blindy TV if they want to see more variability or a particular show added to the channels. Blindy TV works with what is available and the only way they can add more content is if more content is made available. To that point, I want to stress that if you want more variability of shows or a particular show added to blindy TV, contact the producers of the show(s) and work with them to have audio description added to their show(s).

Second, I want to update everyone on how best to listen to the blindy TV channels. In my original post, I recommended iBlink Radio, but pointed out the dropped connections and buffer trouble. If you use a dedicated radio app to listen to blindy TV, the dropped connections and buffer troubles are a think of the past. One such dedicated radio app is TuneIn Radio. Use the search function to find blindy TV and add it to your favourites for easy navigation. I tested this app and listened to blindy TV with it over the course of the last few days, and I did not experience a single dropped connection and there was no buffer problems.

My thanks goes out to the people at blindy TV for pointing out the error about contacting them (though you can certainly contact them to suggest new features or discuss any problems), and for telling me about the dedicated radio apps that make listening to blindy TV a much better experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://hermeshandbags.citationguide.net hermes handbags hermes belt outlet uk